Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BOTSWANA


The border of Botswana is fifty kilometers east of Tsumkwe, and the town of Dobe is just five kilometers past that. Phil spent some time there eleven years ago with his mother helping her conduct research, so we decided to go back and check it out. On the way out of town we saw our friend Steve who was a translator for Laura and Rhea during their interviews. He decided to join us last minute. Having Steve along was great. Without him we wouldn’t have been able to sit down and chat with the villagers. I have to say, I’m pretty bad at learning languages, but having lived in Southeast Asia for a while I guess I’ve kind of gained an ear for tonal languages. But man, these click languages! Now that’s something else! I love the way they sound. Anyways, here’s a video of our day trip to Botswana…

No comments:

Post a Comment