Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

JEFFREYS BAY


After a week in Cape Town I took off up the coast to meet some friends in Jeffreys Bay. It was a long ten hour bus ride, but man alive was it beautiful! The drive took us along the Garden Route, one of South Africa's most beautiful coast lines. Ten hours on a bus... I wish I could have spent ten days getting there! My friend Fungai, who I hung out with in Swaziland, has a house on the beach in Jeffreys Bay. His friends Luke and Refilwe were there, along with our friend Sheela. The five of us had a great time that weekend, zip-lining, horseback riding on the beach, and just hanging out. Everybody had jobs to go back to after the weekend ended, so they all left. I decided to stick around Jeffreys Bay for a few more days and ended up finding a nice little guesthouse perched up on a hill overlooking the beach at the end of town. Jeffreys Bay is a one of the biggest surf spots in Africa, if not the world! The pictures of the guys surfing were taken at Supertubes - Jeffreys Bay's world renowned surf spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment