Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SO LONG, AFRICA!


I’m in Johannesburg now, and this evening I catch my flight back to the states. My journey has come to an end! Last December in Bangkok, before ending my nine-month stint in Southeast Asia, I wrote a similar blog post, except this time it’s not 4 AM and I’m sober. But looking back on my trip over the last four months - starting in Ecuador with Grace and Heidi, then heading off to South Africa to meet my sister for the World Cup, up to Namibia with Phil and Jonah, and everywhere else in between - I’ve once again realized that my journey has really been shaped by the people that I’ve shared it with. I’ve had the chance to travel with some great friends over the last few months, and I’ve also had the chance to make some great friends along the way. And all the wonderful things I have done and seen wouldn't have been the same if it weren't for my friends. Thanks!
And so now I’m heading home! I gotta find me a job. Perhaps I can find some way to keep this blog interesting after my travels have ended, I guess we’ll see. Either way, I hope that people have enjoyed it. I know my mom has, she’s the only one who ever comments on things. And thanks to all those who have been a part of it with me! It’s been fun. Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Jesse, keep writing!
    I've enjoyed reading your blog for quite some time now - since well before you left Thailand. (Yes, I readily admit to lurking.) :) Your life is so dramatically different from my own, and I enjoy your unique commentary. I have no doubt you can continue to be interesting, informative, and entertaining, even here in the good, old US of A.
    Blessings to you,
    Cara (Ziegler) Schramm

    ReplyDelete