Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

KINGDOM OF DUMPLING


There's a delicious restaurant in San Francisco called the Kingdom of Dumpling.  It must be named after the little alleyway in Beijing where I had my first meal in China.  I'd skipped breakfast that morning, and hadn't eaten dinner the night before having slept through the last meal on my flight over, so I was ready to eat!  I found this little kingdom of dumpling in a tiny alleyway just south of Tiananmen Square. I've realized that sometimes it's hard to get off the beaten bath in Beijing, because even the smallest alleyways can be bustling and full of life. I was pulled into this little restaurant by a young lady sitting outside after she caught me drooling over the dumpling making display going on in the window facing the alley. The Chinese menu didn't do me any good, but I guess they realized I wanted some dumplings, so before long they brought me out a steaming hot plate of deliciousness!  There must have been over thirty dumplings on that plate.  I mixed some vinegar and chili oil together on a little platter to dip the dumplings in, ordered a large Tsingtao, and went to town!  It was an awesome first meal in China.

1 comment:

  1. Always best when on the move-- well done, Jesse. I look forward to learning about your adventures.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete