Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

PRAGUE


I was hurting the day after the Czech Out Party. Completely worthless. It was a short drive to Prague and while Derick slept in the back seat, I sat shotgun and navigated with a dull headache. Good thing Johannes was well-rested.

From what I saw of it, Prague was awesome. Our visit was brief, and I realized that these kind of layovers would be commonplace throughout The Mongol Rally. What a tease!


After checking into a hostel and taking a short nap, we took a walk up to a hilltop park overlooking the old city. The views were great. We arrived at a beer garden, but I passed on the refreshments. After strolling back down the hill, we crossed the river and weaved through the old town. That night we ventured across town to explore a neighborhood from a friend's recommendation.

I guess you could say it was a good preview for my next visit. It’s hard not to want to go back to a city like that. The next day we took off for Budapest, for another equally tantalizing layover...  

No comments:

Post a Comment