Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MY SOCCER TEAM


I've been playing soccer after school three or four days a week, it's one of my favorite things to do here.  Most of the guys I play with teach at my school, and some just live in the neighborhood.
On Sunday we all met up at the school, hopped into a small van, and drove to a nearby field to challenge another team.  The pitch was great, it was full sized and well maintained, a nice change from the small concrete courtyard we play on.  The game started at 3 o'clock and it was piping hot out.  We played two 30 minute halves and ended in a draw, 3 to 3.  I scored the second goal for my team off of a nice cross from my friend Oh, a side volley that bounced off the near post and into the back of the net!  What a fun game it was!  I was exhausted afterwards, and a little red too from forgetting to wear sunblock, oops.  A few of us went out for beers afterwards and I went to bed Sunday night feeling tired and happy.

Both teams posed for a picture before the game.  My favorite guys on the team are Oh and Lec.  Oh is standing to my left, and Lec is number 22, sitting in the front.  They are both excellent soccer players and also really nice guys.  Soccer is probably the best way to make friends in a foreign land...

1 comment: