Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

THE LI RIVER


After a couple of nights in Guilin I took off for Yangshuo on a boat down the Li River. I would have opted for a small bamboo raft had the weather been permitting, but since it was cloudy and cold I ended up on a large boat full of Chinese tourists. It was a pleasant cruise and the views were amazing. A group of us went in on a big family meal, which was great except that I kept wanting to excuse myself to run outside and snap some photos. Traveling by boat is one of my favorite ways to get around, plus, arriving on a dock is way better than pulling into a bus terminal or train station. It's hard not to feel relaxed after a nice float, and as the boat ride ended and I waltzed down the riverbank into town, I couldn't help but to think that my excursion to Yangshuo was getting off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment