Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

JAPAN


I was in Japan all last week with my friend Timothy. Timothy and I are hanging out and going on adventures before I become a teacher.

We got to Tokyo on the evening of April 3rd. Our plan was to get a seven day train pass and explore the country, so we only stayed in Tokyo for one night with the intent to come back the next weekend. Timothy has been to Japan a bunch cause his wife is from Tokyo, so he kind of knows the city, and a little Japanese, which proved to be especially helpful. With one night in Tokyo we decided to explore this neighborhood called Golden Gai. It's a series of small alleys with hundreds of really tiny bars, most have but five or six seats. We found a place to get some dinner and drinks and ordered some okonomiyaki, which I have decided now is my favorite Japanese food. After a few more drinks in another bar close by, and some lively conversation with some drunk Japanese dudes, we called it a night. Tomorrow we would catch the train to Kyoto...

No comments:

Post a Comment