Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

KO PHI PHI DON


I stayed in Phuket Town Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning I caught the first ferry to Ko Phi Phi to meet up with Dana. Dana and I have been friends going on ten years now. We met in college in Ohio and then ended up living a few blocks away from each other in San Francisco, she's a great friend (and an excellent travel buddy!). It was really nice to see a familiar face and we ended up spending an awesome five days together.

This was my second time going Ko Phi Phi, my first time being back in April when I first arrived. Although Ko Phi Phi is one of Thailands most popular islands, it was a little quieter this time around being that it's the middle of the off season. Dana and I stayed in Ton Sai Village and hung out at the beach all day. It was nice to get back in the water again. That evening we hiked up to the viewpoint to watch the sun go down. The sunset wasn't that great, but the view was amazing, and the monsoon season had brought some nice flowers into bloom. That night we had pizza and beer for dinner, and then finished things off at a karoake bar full of locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment