Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

PHRA NANG BEACH VIEWPOINT


Last time I was in Railay I hiked up to a viewpoint overlooking the beach that faces east. I had noticed on some maps that there was another viewpoint in Railay, but I didn't know where it was. Well, I found it last week, but it was kind of off the beaten path. At the end of Phra Nang Beach there's a hidden trail that goes up under some low hanging trees, up towards the bottom of some cliffs. I wandered up the path and followed some voices that I heard through the brush, they were rock climbers, there were tons of spots to climb and a handful of people scaling the walls. I walked along the base of the cliff in my bare feet and made my way up and over to a cave in the side of the rock face. In the picture in the upper left you can see the cave towards the bottom right of the big limestone rock formation. I climbed up and into the cave and looked around, it was pretty big. I wandered in pretty far, and on my way back I noticed a beam of light shining down a tunnel in the rock. I shuffled through the tunnel and came out onto a little ledge, the viewpoint! The sight was quite nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment