Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

ISLA ISABELA


Isla Isabela is the largest island in the Galapagos. I decided to go there for a few days and hang out in the little town of Puerto Villamil. Puerto Villamil is the largest town on the island, and maybe the third largest in the Galapagos, but that doesn't say much. The streets are made of hard-packed sand and many of the buildings are only half finished or abandoned. Heavy surf crashes the beach that lines the town and a light mist often rolls off of the ocean and into the village. I checked out the town when I arrived, which didn't take long, and then explored the coast and some nearby lagoons, where I came across some pink flamingos! In the afternoon I found some hammocks by the beach and enjoyed my book with a few cold beers. Island life is good...

1 comment:

  1. Those lamp posts are wild! And pink flamingos -- lovely! What book are you reading? Should be Beak of the Finch.

    ReplyDelete