Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

MONTAÑITA


Grace and Heidi and I decided to head out to the small coastal town of Montañita for a day or two before our trip to the Galapagos. Grace spent some time in Ecuador about eight years ago, and was excited to return to the small beach town that she had once visited. But how things had changed! The town wasn't as small as it used to be. In the large city of Guayaquil there was barely a gringo in sight, but this was not the case in Montañita. Don't get me wrong. The place was awesome, but it was almost one of those spots that I would categorize as a "generic world beach." There were many qualities that were unique to Ecuador, like the guys selling ceviche on the beach, but there were times when I felt like I could have been back on Phuket in Thailand, with a mishmash of young international travelers looking for a good beach party. We stayed for a night, enjoyed the beach, and then took off for the Galapagos Islands...

No comments:

Post a Comment