Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ISLAND SOCCER MATCH


I left Seven Wells Waterfall and took off across the island on my motorbike. It was a great ride, I enjoyed seeing the island countryside. I passed a soccer game along the way and decided to turn around and watch it for a while. The field looked like it had been carved out of the jungle, it was surrounded by dense vegetation and sat at the bottom of a steep hill. There were quite a few spectators lining the field, and as I stopped to watch the game, everyone there stopped to watch me. Even the guys playing stopped, one of the them almost took off his jersey and offered it to me. Play on? I found a place to stand on the sideline and watched the game for while. I was getting a lot of smiles from people and a lot of giggles from the kids that were there. The game was fun, I guess they were two rival villages, everyone was having a good time. It was getting kind of late in the day and I wanted to find these beaches on the northern part of the island to watch the sunset, so I decided to leave. I thought my entrance was embarrassing, my exit was even worse. Pulling out onto the road from where the soccer field was I hit some sand on my motorbike and totally wiped out. I wasn't going fast, and I just kind of clumsily fell over, but of course the game stopped again. I quickly stood up, all red in the face, and gave a sheepish grin and a thumbs up to all the shocked faces that were looking at me. A few guys ran over and I had to reassure them that I was ok. They were very nice, if I were them I would've been laughing at me. The game carried on and I made my way back down the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment